Scope and Consent
How We Collect Your Personal information
When you visit our Site, we collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with use of and access to our Site and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
Information you provide to us: We may collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information that you enter directly onto or in connection with our Site. Generally, personal information is requested when: (i) CW Aviation customers register to use the customer portal area of our Site and (ii) when visitors to our Site request certain information about CW Aviation, Inc. products and services. If you fail to provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access all or portions of the Site or purchase products and services.
Other methods of collection: We may also collect information from or about you in other ways, such as through your contact with our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, and your interactions with members of the corporate family or other companies within CW Aviation.
How we use Personal Information
Usage and disclosure of Personal Information varies based on a party’s relationship with CW Aviation, Inc. CW Aviation primarily uses this information to provide the Services and related features you are needing:
- Facilitate the processing of payment transactions
- Respond to requests and inquiries
- Provide support services
- Send administrative information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- Administer promotions or contests
- Facilitate social sharing functionality
- Analyze and monitor Services usage and to make improvements
- Help secure the Services, prevent fraud and enforce our policies
- Help personalize our Services
- Communicate about other Global Parts services or those of our affiliates or other third parties
- To communicate, directly or through a third party vendor, about Global Parts offerings, about general company news and industry trends, and to address responses to a survey or questionnaire
- Compile information for use on an aggregated and de-identified basis
- Conduct data analysis and research, audits, develop new products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- Perform other activities with consent
How We Share Personal information with Third Parties
CW Aviation, Inc. partners with and occasionally hires other companies to provide services on its behalf. Personal information may be shared with these companies; however, we will only share your personal information to accomplish the purposes for which we collected the personal information. These third parties are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may also share your information as follows:
- with your consent;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property;
- to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- to investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request;
- With CW Aviation, Inc. group entities; and to comply with the law.
How we Protect and Store Personal information
We work to protect the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to try to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities, but will not store any payment options you have given.
Notice to European Users
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of Personal Information and sets forth principles for its use. One principle states that information must be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that citizens of the European Union are entitled to know how we intend to use Personal Information. Details are publicly available at ico.org.uk or from:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Fax: 01625 524510
The Data Protection Act does not generally apply to data about limited companies or partnerships, but it does cover personal data relating to sole traders and partnerships. When we receive an application from a business, we may perform a search with a credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency on the individual company directors or partners.
Personal Information may be processed and stored by CW Aviation, Inc. or its affiliates, service providers or agents located in the United States. By providing Personal Information directly to CW Aviation, Inc. or to its customers, you consent to the transfer of such information outside of the European Union and to its storage and use as described herein.